Past Question BIO203 2020/2021 SESSION- FUBK
BIO202 : INTRODUCTORY ECOLOGY
UNITS : 2
INSTRUCTIONS : Answer any five questions, all questions carry equal marks. Illustrate your answers where necessary with large, clear and well labelled diagrams.
TIME ALLOWED : 2hrs 30mins
First Semester Examination
- a. Using diagrammatic illustration, describe the concept of energy flow in an ecosystem.
b. What is the fundamental difference between food chain and food web?
- a. Define biogeochemical cycling and mention four (4) biogeochemical cycling you know.
b. With the aid of a clear diagram, explain one of the biogeochemical cycles mention in (2a) above.
- a. What is biodiversity?
b. Outline the importance of biodiversity in the world’s ecosystem.
- a Enumerate the factors affecting population size in a community.
b. i) Define the term ecological succession.
ii) Outline the different types of succession you know.
- Write notes on any three (3) of the following concepts;
a. An ecosystem
c. Ecological niche
- a. Define the term species richness.
Use the following plant diversity survey data obtained from Federal University Birnin Kebbi (FUBK) main campus to answer Q6b & 6c below.
i. vitellaria paradoxa =27;
ii. mangifera indica =44;
iii. parkia biglobosa =38;
iv. anacardium occidentale =87;
v. waltheria indica = 93. QUESTIONS b. Calculate the Simpson’s Diversity index of the plants in FUBK main campus.
c. What is the dominant species in FUBK main campus?
- a. Define ecological factors.
b. Discuss the emergent properties of a community.
THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT. WE APPRECIATE, DO WELL TO SHARE IT WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. THANKS